Friday 10 January 2014

Digipak Reflection












While creating my digipak, I was constantly coming up with ideas that I wanted to include. I wanted each slide to coincide with the next, I thought an idea that would keep this going would be the forest. I have used these pictures for every slide except from the CD. This allows all of my digipak frames to relate to each other. As our genre is Indie, I have chosen to picture georgia with the guitar on many occasions and even using the guitar to be the main image on the CD. I consistently used the same typography, this stood out on the slides which needed minimal writing. Although I used a normal font on the Thank You page as I felt as though it had too much writing which would then make it too confusing for the audience. Throughout each slide I used different edits and effects. One of my favourite slides which is the 4th slide which has a G in the middle of Georgia's face. I changed the opacity of the middle of the G which allowed the little bit of image to change colour. I also really like the back cover. I chose to have Georgia Ray facing away from the camera which relates to the back cover of the digipak. I also made sure the guitar was involved that is pictured on her back as I wanted to relate the Indie genre into the digipak on every slide. I have also added a universal sign which is shown regularly on album covers of those who are signed to the Universal team. And also a barcode which makes the cover look more like its just come of the shelf. I changed the effects I used on every slide which made is diverse but also made it similar as I was using the same setting for each slide. With her outfit being shown in many pictures it let us. I edited my digipak on Photoshop CS4 which I had used before. This meant that I had a bit of practice before I started my digipak. The CD itself has again a guitar pictured also with 'Georgia Ray' this informs the owner that if the digipak is separated they would still know that it's Georgia Ray's. 

1 comment:

  1. This post demonstrates some understanding of the choices and decisions that you made to your production and have considered some of the styles and designs that you have used on the different slides. However, further points need to be made on the conventions followed and the various photoshop skills and tools that you used.

    ReplyDelete